Guess who came to visit! Ammi and Papa. And of course I didn't let them leave without showing them, probably one of my most favorite spots here so far, the Leidenschandam (god knows if i spelled that right) windmills.
Papa was coming to Belgium and France for business, so before I left, I convinced Ammi to come with him. I'm going to be away from home until mid August, and this was a great way to spend some time with my parents in between my summer. Besides, I wish they took vacations more often, and even as a short one, this is something I really wanted to do with them. What rounded out the entire deal, was the timing. Having the chance to spend my birthday weekend with my parents: priceless.
So i did absolutely no school work. Seeing Brussels, Bruge, and spending 3 quality days with my parents were way better. And I can't even begin to list the other lessons learned out of this weekend trip we did.
1. Try not to drive.
2. European highways, reasonable. City roads, impossible.
3. Listen to the GPS when it talks to you. DISCLAIMER: this was not a lesson for me, as much as it was for my parents. It was their first time with a GPS.
4. Travel guide books = a traveler's guardian angel. I've been converted, I won't be going anywhere without now!
5. Budget shopping is a good idea. Gift receipts don't exist in tourist shops so change your mindset.
6. Carry your own shampoo. You never know about these budget hotels, some have it, some don't.
6. Be like my dad, getting lost is an adventure is a nature result of traveling. Relish it. Enjoy it. Just dont care. Still working on this one.
7. Love your parents. I do. (i mean, i love mine. i'm sure u're are nice too, but you know how it is)
No comments:
Post a Comment