Sunday, June 1, 2008

Coffee Shop = Weed Shop



Today was an atypical lazy Sunday. Nothing major, but I badly needed to get my reading done. Currently I’m back home, and Fiji is asleep at the foot of my bed. I love her. It’s not just that I’ve always wanted a pet, but also that I find some strange comfort in the presence of a cat. They’re just a great form of graceful and quiet company that adds a wonderful element to any day. I fully understand that after I leave in another three weeks I won’t have her anymore, nor will she have any reason to be lingering in this dorm, but for now I honestly don’t care. I need something besides school and socializing to occupy my time. She’s it :=)



Too bad actually having a pet is too much money, and involves having the time to devote some attention to the animal. I’d have a pet cat in no time in DC if I could.

Earlier today A and I went over to the local hotel, I have no idea what it was called, but it was big and looked like a castle. It was pretty sad, we couldn’t find anywhere else nice to sit and just do some reading because it was too cold on the beach. Ready with a fake story and room number, we just sat in the hotel lobby and enjoyed their nice couches while we did our work :=)

From there Ush joined us and we tried again to find a coffee shop. We found a coffee shop, but it wasn’t exactly study conducive. So apparently “coffee shop” means “weed shop”. There just aren’t coffee shops around here at all! We resorted to sitting in a Chinese restaurant just because they at least had coffee on their menu and we wanted some food too at that point.

Lesson of the day: In the Netherlands, Coffee Shop = Weed Shop. Stay away.

No comments: