My god, i'm almost done. My four week stint in Europe is almost over. I just have to make it through my finals on Fri and Sat, and then I leave for the West Bank on Sunday night. wow.
Today it was one of our few perfect weather days that I wasted away in the library. A wanted to study at a park, but I just couldn't. The stress is kicking in and sitting in a park attempting to study would be too painful.
But, to make it up to myself, I made it a point to stop by the beach on my way home. I start in and I've been meaning to get a great picture of the sun setting on the ocean. I took a bunch, and got the best result I could expect with a simple digital camera.
But I didn't just go to the beach for a picture opportunity. I just wanted some time to breath. Life has been so hectic, since law school started, and I know it's my fault, but I don't hate myself for it. My time here has been great, except for the few minor, ok majorly annoying mishaps in this program (will be duely noted in my class evaluation tomorrow).
Just to spend some time out on the beach watching the sunset, it's not something I see all the time back home. I dont even set foot on the beach back home, it's kind of pointless for me. I don't swim in the ocean, nor do I really need to tan.
But to have the chance to ride down that boardwalk every once and a while, see the sun set, get my feet wet: It makes my day that much more worth it.
And besides, these crazy statutes they have on the boardwalk are amusing too.
No comments:
Post a Comment