So yea. But in Rotterdam, they had the best zoo in Europe and thankfully to Natalie and Usha, I went too and loved it! They had really nice open air animal cages where I was able to take some really good pictures without having to try through a window. Here are some of the prairie dogs:
I thought they were adorable :-) Besides the typical animals, there was an amazing Oceanarium. Here's the only picture that can do it justice:
I am in the picture, the one sitting on the rock on the right side. A flash wouldn't have looked as nice so I had to make do not really being seen. Afterwards, we split up and I headed downtown to check out the local markets. Well i thought there would be markets, but it was more like a really nice open air mall. I headed that way primarily to check out this cathedral, but the downtown scene was a nice addition as well. All in all, it was a great day trip, and now I've seen more of Holland than just the Haag thankfully.
Tomorrow I'm hoping will completely round out my stay here. I'm aiming of biking over to this town next to the Haag that has windmills. Having missed the famous tulips, I want to at least see the countryside and some of the classic dutch windmills. Let's see how that goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment