Monday, June 23, 2008

Karachi in Arabic

Heads up: these are going to be long...

Much like my first experience in Europe, o 4 weeks ago, today was a bit better after I took a nap. or as much of a nap I could get with the noise coming in through my crack of a window. I seriously feel like i'm living in a box right now. Thank god tomorrow morning I'm hauling myself out of here and into my apartment in Ramallah. This hostel is definately not my ideal location to be. I can't even fit one of my suitcases into room. Let alone barely having standing room in the bathroom, where when I shower in the morning, I'll practically be standing in my sink.

But i guess that's what they say, you get what you pay for. I'm not too sure about that though, considering I paid 35 bucks for this room. I'd get better for 35 bucks.

So, my comment about Karachi in Arabic. It literally is. Right down to the way the guys stare you down, even if you're covered in an aba (long black coat). The mannerism of the people, the way they drive (crazy nuts), the way the shops are all ran by men selling women's clothing as thought they know what you want. And even the weather. No, maybe the weather here is better. It gets really nice and cool at night so that's a plus over Karachi.

Tomorrow i'll be heading over to my new place in Ramallah first thing in the morning. I've met one of my two roommates thus far and they seem really nice. the apartment is nice and new, so I was quickly sold. Granted, it'll be just about an hour long of an ordeal to get to work every day, but I think overall I may have a better time staying in Ramallah.

Lets see and find out shall we? (5 days to go.. yes saks i'm still half pessimistic)

No comments: