No seriously, yesterday that's what I was told.
We had a meeting yesterday, two of my students (out of 5/6 maybe), 2 clinic coordinators and myself. I basically found out that my work here will be very independent and it's basically whatever my students and I decide to do about the refugee crisis. In terms of a concrete goal, there was a conference at Al Quds in March to discuss feasible solutions to the issue. Since then, no one has had a chance to follow up with the attending organizations to see if any progress has been made.
This is where my team comes in. I guess we'll start with follow up calls, and emails to figure out where the progress has been made, and how to future push the issue in both national and interlational agendas. Beyond that, it's totally up to us to figure out what we're actually supposed to DO in 6 weeks...
The hard part for me, is that although this project does have long term capabilities, in my mind I know i barely have 6 weeks to do something substantial. In addition, my students are all basically taking full time summer classes so it's not like i have that much man power. But i guess we'll see how it works out in the long run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment