Monday, July 21, 2008

Tidbits

I don't have anything really cool or interesting to talk about today. But here is my like / dislike list so far:

Like
1. Real Fruit. Yes, except for the banana's here (which I don't know how anyone can eat them, they taste so bad) the fruit is AMAZING
2. Dates! lots and lots of DATES! (the eating type)
3. Tacky interior design on the services (shared taxi cabs)
4. Arabic subtitles while watching Oprah episodes from last christmas.
5. Tons and tons of detectives shows to watch which I would never watch while in America (L&O SVU, Criminal Intent, Missing, Kojak, Monk, and more!)
6. Deli meat: No Muslim delis back home, so I'm eating it up here.
7. Overmatched Hijabis. It's amazing to watch how they pull it off. I think they spend as much time putting their scarves on as a high school girl does her hair. At least an hour.
8. Music! need I say more?
9. Shawarma
10. Falafel
11. Al Jazeera. Talk about graphic footage you don't see on Fox.
12. Camel Show? Like a dog show, but with camels (i saw it on tv)

Dislike
1. Checkpoints.
2. Creepy guys who think they can follow and try to talk to me.
3. Bananas. I'm going to be eating a lot of bananas when I get home now.
4. Being asked if I like Bhutto or Musharaf better.
5. Lack of Indian restuarants. come one!!! just one please!!!!!!
6. Too much junk food. You walk into a store to find milk, eggs, and junk food. The healthy stuff is only in Israel. Seriously.
7. Checkpoints.
8. Time difference. Talk about making it hard to keep in touch.
9. Lack of Desi food. Yes, it's hitting home.
10. Dogs that bark at my window every night when I go to bed. gun anyone?


more to come.....this is only half way through my trip!

No comments: