Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Phone Home

I should admit to the fact that I was pretty set on coming home a week early. I’m not saying that I don’t like it here, I love it, really I do. But I’m not going to deny wanting to go home at this point. Unfortunately, there’s only one problem: I can’t find a seat on any plane leaving earlier. And yes, I’ve been calling KLM regularly. To the point that the last time I called, the travel agent picked up and told me that it’s hopeless and I should stop calling.

So I have two weeks left here, to shop, eat, travel or just count the days away till I come home. Work wise I’m doing ok, I have two tentative consulate meetings set up to discuss possible option for third country resettlement for the refugees, and am hounding another five consulates to see what we can arrange. Yesterday was Alison’s last day with the internship so time will go by a lot slower for me now. I’m not sure if now I’ll get less work done because I’ll be bored, or more because I won’t have any company. Allison, Gram (her boyfriend, have I mentioned him yet?) and I had dinner together as one last outing here though, so that was nice. I’ll see Allison again when I get back to the states, but Gram going to be working in Dubai so it’ll be a while before I see him again. I may not have mentioned them too much, but in closing I can say that I couldn’t have asked for better company over the past few weeks :- )

No comments: