Tuesday, July 8, 2008

o my god, i've never seen a mall before!

So, today I saw an Israeli mall. Wow, how exciting. Well, not really, I like malls, in the US. But for some reason when I’m abroad I would much rather shop (or window shop in my world) in the classic bazaar style markets. The food, store owners trying to aggressively drag you into their stores, and the very loud, but not so clean street food vendors. It’s something we really don’t get a lot of in America unless you consider a farmers market the equivalent. Ok, well maybe a flea market, but who wants old stuff anyways? Needless to say, at least now I’ve seen a mall in Hebrew.

Next time, I’ll be a bit more skeptical when someone says, I’m going to the market. Depending on the social circle, mall = market. Go figure.

No comments: