Work wise, my team began our consulate meetings, with a trip to the Netherland's representative office to the PA. Here's a happy picture of my team in front of the office:
This is the best dressed I've seen them yet. I drilled it into them that this is an important meeting, thus I dont want to see any jeans, or bookbags. It worked, on 3 out of 4 of them.... Not that it made a difference in our 1/2 hr meeting. The deputy general we met with wasn't able to answer any of our questions, kept saying it was up the UNHCR and the Dutch government. We tried to tell him we wanted him to advocate for this issue, but he wasn't concerned honestly. Anyways, one negative answer doesn't mean they will all be this bad, right? Well, that is if we get any other appointments. The other countries seem to be better at dodging our phone calls, emails, and such.
My roommates have realized that I'm actually leaving and now we're hanging out more lol. Amazing the things you take for granted, but it's all good. Last night I went out for a bit with one of my roomies, her sister, best friend, and finance. It was nice going out, considering that since Alison left, I lost hope of socializing while I wrapped up my trip here.
Mai and Tariq, how i wish i could come back for their wedding, it's in October :-(
Me and Luda:
This is Mai's little sister, Mais:
No comments:
Post a Comment