Re reading the past few blogs, I came to realize that I’ve barely said anything positive. Maybe it’s just because that’s the way the days have been going, but it’s getting better. I have no intentions of being ungrateful at all, I think this was a good decision in the long run. An experience is an experience, good or bad that makes you grow. And that’s why I’m here, to learn.
I’d have to say, today was the best day so far, and mostly because of the little things that make me happy. First of all I got to bike to school YAY! Talk about a nice feeling, and in the Hague everything is so flat, that it is such an easy ride anywhere you go. All my bike needed was a cup holder, and I’d be set J Again class was interesting, until I started zoning out after 40 mins. Please give me a break! I promise those 5 mins less of teaching are that much worth it!
After class a classmate and I wanted a change of scenery, so we biked over to the Palace Gardens to study. I think it’s about time to introduce Patrick. Patrick is one of the program staff members, who’s supposed to be our go to guy for information about the city. Yea, Vladeck knows and is more helpful than him. We asked him a simple question, “how do we get to the palace gardens?” and he led us completely astray. Thank god I have a habit of carrying a map, so after 40 mins of riding around we found the place.

The gardens were OK, nothing special. But it was a nice day, and studying in a park makes it that much more bearable. We were even lucky to see some really really cute ducklings paddling along in the pond. Here's a picture.
I’d have to say, today was the best day so far, and mostly because of the little things that make me happy. First of all I got to bike to school YAY! Talk about a nice feeling, and in the Hague everything is so flat, that it is such an easy ride anywhere you go. All my bike needed was a cup holder, and I’d be set J Again class was interesting, until I started zoning out after 40 mins. Please give me a break! I promise those 5 mins less of teaching are that much worth it!
After class a classmate and I wanted a change of scenery, so we biked over to the Palace Gardens to study. I think it’s about time to introduce Patrick. Patrick is one of the program staff members, who’s supposed to be our go to guy for information about the city. Yea, Vladeck knows and is more helpful than him. We asked him a simple question, “how do we get to the palace gardens?” and he led us completely astray. Thank god I have a habit of carrying a map, so after 40 mins of riding around we found the place.
The gardens were OK, nothing special. But it was a nice day, and studying in a park makes it that much more bearable. We were even lucky to see some really really cute ducklings paddling along in the pond. Here's a picture.
After finishing one topic, we relocated to the beach to do our other reading assignment. This was the best decision of the day because it was sooooo gorgeous out! The sun was shining, clear sky but just a bit windy. There was this wonderful rock pier going out into the water which we walked down and took a few pictures from. In the middle of the water it did get a bit windy, so we ended up just sitting towards the top of the beach to continue our reading. But it was still pretty windy here, so I came home with a bookbag full of sand as a token of the beach’s appreciation. O well, the great location was worth it in my mind.
So I’m sure many of you know how I’ve always wanted a pet cat? Well I randomly get temporary pets when I’m abroad for some reason. Like here, there’s a beautiful white cat that comes into our dorm courtyard every evening and absolutely loves us! And I love it too. I mean it has a collar so it belongs to someone, but who told them to let the car wander around so much? We think it likes us because we all give it lots and lots of love and attention.
So I guess you can say with the combination of the good weather, productivity and new found pet cat, I was very content at the end of the day. Finally :=)
1 comment:
i wish there was a cat who loved me! hehe
Post a Comment